Sunday, April 1, 2012

Ina's Meatloaf!

Believe it or not, I don't think I've ever made a full, real meatloaf!  I've made "mini" ones before, so I decided to go with Ina's recipe because I watched the episode the other day.  I think my favorite part was her tip for always getting a juicy, never dried out loaf!  FILL A BAKING PAN WITH WATER AND PLACE ON THE SHELF UNDERNEATH THE MEATLOAF IN THE OVEN WHILE BAKING...and it worked!! We served the meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans mixed with watercress.  Enjoy!

I love the crispiness of fresh green beans.

Bring to a boil.

To start the meatloaf, saute onion and fresh thyme leaves.

When the beans are cooked, place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and keep the pretty green color.

Use ground CHUCK.

Sitting in the bowl waiting to get dressed :)

breadcrumbs

Adding worcestershire sauce

Add chicken stock

Add tomato paste

Crack open two eggs.

Chop up some green onions for the beans.

Fresh water cress

Saute the green onions in melted butter.

Add the beans and water cress leaves and season to taste.

My camera died while I was mixing the meatloaf together :( Here is the free-formed result!

beans!

We managed to safely transfer the loaf to a serving platter without it falling apart! 

Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment