Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dinner with Friends!

So tonight we had Ashlee and Sean over for dinner and made pork chops, burgundy mushrooms and mac n' cheese!  For the mushrooms, I made the Pioneer Woman's recipe that I also made for Christmas dinner and let me just tell you that these are AMAZING.  Seriously.  Her recipe calls for the cook time to be 9 hours, but like most of you, I don't really have 9 hours in a day to cook mushrooms.  So, I half the recipe and cook for around 4 hours.  TRY IT!  For the mac n' cheese I used Ina's recipe, but I didn't add the tomatoes to the mac.  Oh, and Marty made a maple glaze for the chops!

When we have guests over for dinner I don't usually take pics of our cooking because I'm too busy chatting and sipping on some vino, so I only have a few pics from tonight...a little sneak peek :)

Basically, you just add all of the ingredients for the mushrooms in one big pot and bring to a boil.  I mean, what isn't going to taste good with red wine and butter?!

Cover the mushrooms and let simmer for hours and hours...

Then uncover the mushrooms and let simmer for more hours....the color eventually turns into this awesome deep, rich red.  Sooooo good.

This is what the mac n' cheese looked like before we put it in the oven.  It was basically a delicious soup of pasta and cheese. 

Oh, and these little guys were anchovies that Marty and Ashlee were munching on with some cheese and olives before dinner :)

1 comment:

  1. all of your food is delish but of course i'm partial to the ones that im lucky enough to get to devour. i can still taste those burgandy shrooms, yum! xo!!

    ReplyDelete