Saturday, January 28, 2012

SPRINKLES!

First off, I would like to dedicate this post to our first Westie, Sprinkles!  Marty got Sprinkles for me in 2006 for my birthday.  She was our first dog and a cutie.  Sadly, she passed away at 11 weeks old and we will never forget her!

I named her Sprinkles because for some odd reason, I love rainbow sprinkles!  I saw these chocolate sprinkle cookies on Pinterest and decided immediately to make them last night.  I definitely prefer cooking over baking, but these were actually pretty easy to make AND I got to dust the cobwebs off my Kitchen Aid mixer and put it to use :)  I just think these cookies are so adorable and they are very tasty!  Here is the recipe and the blog from which I found them.  I chose to use a little bit less butter and not make the filling to make them cute little sandwiches. For those of you that have little kids, I think these would be so cute at a birthday party!

P.S.- I forgot to mention that my most embarrassing kitchen mishap happened while making these cookies.  See the pic below :)
Cute baby Sprinkles on the first day we got her.


Hello! Its been a looooong time!

As I was opening the cocoa powder, the seal wouldn't peel back, so I stuck my finger to make a little hole and the entire cover burst open and the powder went ALL over my face, arms, pants, shoes, countertops....you name it, it was covered in chocolate powder.  That stuff isn't easy to clean up :)

Using the paddle attachment, mix the butter on medium speed until creamy.

Then add the cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt.

Mix until it is all blended together.  This btw- smells delish!

Next, add the egg and vanilla.

Mix until well combined.

Then add the flour and mix until it looks like this.  The recipe said that the dough shouldn't be sticky and it wasn't!

Pour the rainbow sprinkles into a small bow.  So pretty!

Roll the dough into tiny tablespoon size balls. (See how non-sticky the dough is?  It barely stuck to my hand)

Roll the chocolate balls into the sprinkles until they look like little delicious donut holes!  Place on 2 baking sheets covered with parchment paper.  After all of the sprinkle balls are made, put in the fridge for 30 minutes.  Then bake in an oven at 375 degrees for 12 minutes until they crack a bit on top and look like.....

...THIS!  Aren't they adorable?!

Just another fun pick I took :)

1 comment:

  1. these are so cute. i wish i could have seen you with cocoa all over you. :)

    ReplyDelete