Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mashed Potatoes- One of my Favorite Foods!



Mashed potatoes have always been one of my favorite foods. I like my potatoes creamy with a nice garlic taste! Here is my recipe:

about 2 lb of potatoes (I like using golden butter potatoes), peeled
2 large garlic cloves (crushed)
about 1/2 cup of heavy cream
4 Tbsp butter, unsalted
salt & pepper (lots of it!)

Half or quarter the potatoes (to cook faster) and put into a pot filled with cold water. Salt the water and potatoes, add the garlic and bring to a roaring boil. Cook the potatoes until they are tender to a fork, about 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Add the cream and butter and more salt and pepper (to taste). With an electric mixer or by hand, beat the potatoes until they get as creamy and fluffy as you like. Serve warm. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment