Friday, November 26, 2010

The Cheesy Part of Thanksgiving

Here is the super duper CHEESY (and EASY) mac 'n cheese that I made for my other side dish.
Whisked together the milk, flour and onion salt.
Oh and I decided to share a picture of Dory, our cat, eating some left over turkey!

Recipe for the mac 'n cheese:

- About 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 tsp onion salt
-1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 box of any type of pasta
- about a 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 bags of shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 350.
Boil water and cook the pasta until al dente.

Whisk together the milk, flour and onion salt.
Add the pasta, 1 bag of cheese, garlic powder and salt and pepper to the milk mixture. Combine.

Transfer everything to a baking dish.
Add the rest of the cheese and the bread crumbs on top. Then pour on the melted butter.

Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly!
[I like my mac 'n cheese more gooey than dry, so I add more milk if needed.]

No comments:

Post a Comment