Sunday, October 23, 2011

Oven Roasted Chicken with Crispy Kale

This was a very easy roasted chicken recipe I watched Rachel Ray make on the Cooking Channel...I have to admit that she is not one of my fav celebrity chefs, but her recipes are usually fairly simple.  This one, in particular, caught me eye because I have been wanting to roast a chicken, but not a WHOLE chicken, plus, I didn't have the time.  As far as the kale goes, I had never made kale and it was DELISH!  Of course the Homeland by our house didn't have the exact kind of kale that I needed, but thanks to the new Whole Foods in OKC, I can find amazing ingredients that our grocery store never has!

Combine chunks of veggies, herbs and bay leaf in a dutch oven.

Add potatoes and oil.

Add the seasoned chicken.  I used 2 breasts and 2 thighs- skin on!  You want to leave the skin on to get a nice golden crust!

Add fresh slices of lemon- this pic is out of order :)

Rinse kale leaves and plac on a wire rack that is on top of a baking sheet.


Once the chicken has been cooking for awhile, add white wine to deglaze the pot and add flavor.

Hi pretty girl Sophie!

Season the kale with olive oil, S&P and grated nutmeg.

Look at the nice golden skin!

Roast the kale in the oven and voila- beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment