Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pasta Coronado

My favorite dish at Cheever's was the Pasta Coronado.  Unfortunately, they took it off the menu awhile ago, so I decided to try and make it at home!  It was a yummy, creamy, sun-dried tomatoey beef dish.

Husk 2 ears of fresh corn.

Hold each ear over a bowl and shave of the kernels with a knife.

Place the corn on a baking sheet and add cumin, S&P and oil or any other seasonings you wish.  I LOVE the smokey flavor of cumin and use it whenever I can.  Roast in the oven until golden.

Slice up the meat and marinate.  I marinated the beef in the same liquid as our street tacos- orange juice, onion and worsheshire.

Slice up sun-dried tomatoes.

Cook and brown the beef in a skillet.

Use very little of this because it is spicy!  I only used the juice from the can, not the actual peppers.

Slice fresh corn tortillas and place on a baking sheet.

Yummy brown beef.

Saute onion, garlic and sun-dried tomotoes.

Add cream and the adobo sauce.

Bake the tortilla strips until they look like this!

Add black beans and the beef into the creamy goodness.


Cook any type of pasta you wish- I prefer penne or bowtie for this dish.

Garnish with the tortilla strips and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment